From students to alumni
Graduation may seem far off but there are plenty of ways that you can benefit from the Essex alumni community while you’re still studying, and then after you graduate.
Not sure what alumni means? It’s a word from Latin that means former students and rhymes with ‘plum pie’.
Opportunities for Essex students
- Click: Essex’s crowdfunding platform. If you’re looking for funding for a project, the Click team offers support throughout your fundraising, there are no fees and the platform is available to all current students and staff.
- Part time work. With opportunities during autumn and spring telephone calling campaigns, working for the alumni relations team will help boost your professional skills and your CV. Keep an eye out for the next opportunity on CareerHub.
- Alumni advisers. You may have already met one of our Essex alumni at an event on campus, or through the alumni/student mentoring scheme - they are a wealth of expertise and knowledge and can help you build your professional network.
- Careers support. After you graduate you can access the Employability and Careers Centre for three years, and have access to paid internships available just for Essex students and graduates, so why not start now and make use of their services while you’re on campus.
- Thinking of further study? The alumni discount can help to make this a reality.
Graduating and becoming one of our Essex alumni
When you graduate you automatically become part of the Essex alumni community. An important network, made up of nearly 95,000 alumni across 130 countries, all linked by one thing: Essex.
If you’re in your final year, join our networks through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and once you graduate, register for our online alumni community.
And be sure to take a look at our website to find out more about what else Essex has to offer you once you graduate.