Your support makes a difference to the lives of our students and the future of the University.
Around 96 per cent of our undergraduates come from state schools, 36 per cent from low-income families (household income below £25,000) and 16 per cent from neighbourhoods where few people typically go on to higher education.
The University of Essex gives everyone the opportunity to learn and develop, to realise their potential and to shape the world.
Our alumni are leaders in their fields. They include:
- former President of Costa Rica and 1987 Nobel Peace Prize winner, Óscar Arias
- economist and 2010 Nobel Economics Prize winner Christopher A. Pissarides
- Rt. Hon. John Bercow, Speaker of the House of Commons
- Daniel Libeskind, architect of the new World Trade Centre
- David Yates, director of four Harry Potter films
- Alison Steadman OBE, one of Britain’s finest actresses.
- the UK’s leading university in social sciences
- in the top ten for the quality of our research
- in the top 20 for student satisfaction.
Your support helps us to build on those strengths, to look forward and to reach further.