How you can help
Every gift you make to the University of Essex – large or small – makes a difference.
Your generosity helps us to invest in our students today and in the future. That could mean scholarships and bursaries to tackle student hardship, or funding for sports and the arts to enhance campus life.
In the run-up to our 50th anniversary in 2014, we are looking for support for:
The Essex Fund
The Essex Fund supports projects which focus on students. Academic departments, sport clubs, societies and other student groups apply to the Fund each year.
- In 2011, a £10,000 grant to the Student Union Advice Centre established the Essex Fund Hardship Loans for students in financial difficulty.
- In 2012, we marked the Olympic year with a £5,000 grant for Sports Scholarships – and helped thousands of others in clubs and societies.
Read our Impact Report (PDF).
The University of Essex is a registered charity so:
- UK taxpayers can increase any donation by 25 per cent just by ticking a box.
- Companies can get tax relief on gifts to us. If gifts are paid gross – before tax is deducted – you can deduct the amount you give from total profits when you calculate corporation tax. Find out more on the HM Revenue & Customs site.
- US residents can give to the University through the American Friends of the University of Essex, a tax-exempt public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
If you can help to support our work, contact us or fill in an online donation form.
To find out more about the impact that corporate giving can have – and the benefits to companies that give – call Lynsey Dawson, Senior Development Officer, on +44 (0)1206 872700 or by email: email@example.com.