How you can help
Every gift you make to the University of Essex – large or small – makes a difference.
Your generosity helps us to invest in our students today and in the future. That could mean scholarships and bursaries to tackle student hardship, or funding for sports and the arts to enhance campus life.
The Essex Fund
The Essex Fund supports projects which focus on students. Academic departments, sport clubs, societies and other student groups apply to the Fund each year.
- In 2011, a £10,000 grant to the Student Union Advice Centre established the Essex Fund Hardship Loans for students in financial difficulty.
- In 2012, we marked the Olympic year with a £5,000 grant for Sports Scholarships – and helped thousands of others in clubs and societies.
- In 2013, we sent a team of students from our Human Rights Centre to the final of the European Moot Court Competition in Strasbourg, where they placed second.
- In 2014, the fund supported the Students Union Night Ninja Project, an initiative designed to help students get home safely at night.
Read our Impact Report online or download the PDF version.
The University of Essex is a registered charity so:
- UK taxpayers can increase any donation by 25 per cent just by ticking a box.
- Companies can get tax relief on gifts to us. If gifts are paid gross – before tax is deducted – you can deduct the amount you give from total profits when you calculate corporation tax. Find out more on the HM Revenue & Customs site.
- US residents can give to the University through the American Friends of the University of Essex, a tax-exempt public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
If you can help to support our work, contact us or fill in an online donation form.
To find out more about the impact that corporate giving can have – and the benefits to companies that give – call Lynsey Dawson, Head of Philanthropy, on +44 (0)1206 872700 or by email: email@example.com.