Exclusive London Eye Event
On Thursday 6 June, the University of Essex will be hosting an exclusive alumni only event at the iconic London Eye. Alumni will be able to enjoy drinks and canapés whilst gazing out across some of the finest views of our nation’s capital in the company of fellow Essex alumni from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
The event will start at 7.00pm and will include two rotations on the Eye in one of three special themed pods:
Building the Eye – Get the inside scoop on how the London Eye was designed from Frank Anatole, Essex Alumnus and part of the design team on the Eye.
History of London – Hear the history of some of London’s most famous landmarks from Dr Neil Younger and Dr Tom Freeman from our History Department.
Business Networking – A pod for those that would like the opportunity to network with fellow Essex alumni in a relaxed atmosphere.
Tickets are priced at £20, 50% of which will be donated to our 50th Anniversary Scholarships Fund.
Once you have purchased your ticket you will receive a confirmation email containing a link where you can select a first and second choice of pod. Pod spaces will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis and whilst we will endeavour to ensure everyone gets their first choice, we cannot guarantee this. Spaces are limited for this event to one ticket per alumnus.
The University has events on and off campus throughout the year which are open to alumni, including:
- alumni reunions;
- public lectures;
- arts and cultural events; and
- sports events.
There’s a full list on our alumni events calendar.
You can also visit:
- the University’s diary of events;
- art exchange for details of what’s on at the Colchester Campus art gallery;
- the Lakeside Theatre for full listings and online booking for theatre, dance, music and comedy;
- East 15 – one of the UK’s most innovative acting schools, and part of the University, they put on a great range of productions and performances throughout the year; and
- Clifftown Theatre & Studios, the University’s state-of-the-art theatre and performance space in Southend.