We have arranged some great discounts and offers with our corporate partners, including the NUS Extra Card. Log in to the website to find out more.
Have you heard about the University of Essex Credit Card?
Benefits to cardholders
- 0% for up to 12 months, from the date your account is opened, on balance transfers, made in the first 90 days of account opening (3% handling fee). When this offer comes to an end and for transfers made after the 90 days, a standard rate of 18.9% p.a. (5% handling fee) applies.
- 0% for up to 12 months, from the date your account is opened, on money transfers into your current account in the first 90 days of account opening (4% handling fee). When this offer comes to an end and for transfers made after the 90 days, a standard rate of 20.9% p.a. (5% handling fee) applies.
- 0% for up to 3 months, from the date your account is opened, on card purchases. When this offer comes to an end a standard rate of 16.9% p.a. applies.
All standard interest rates and handling fees are variable, so may differ from those shown after your offer ends.
Remember to stay within your limit and to make your monthly payments on time, otherwise you’d lose the promotional offers on your account and pay the standard rate instead.*
- Online Card Services – this account is set up with paperless statements. To access your statements simply register for Online Card Services, where you'll be able to: check your balance and transaction history; view your PIN; manage your Direct Debits; balance transfers and much more.
To apply call 0800 028 2440 and quote University of Essex
If you make card purchases, you will pay interest on these transactions, unless you pay your statement balance in full, every month or if you have a retail promotional interest rate of 0% on your account.
*Promotional offers will no longer apply from the beginning of any statement period during which you have breached your terms and conditions, for example if you haven’t paid on time or have gone over your credit limit. You cannot transfer balances between MBNA accounts.
The University of Essex Credit Card is issued by MBNA Limited. Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England and Wales under company number 02783251. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. MBNA Limited is also authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, Register Number: 204487 for the provision of payment services. Credit is available, subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over.
Calls and online sessions (e.g. completing an application) may be monitored and/or recorded for quality evaluation, training purposes and to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
DISCLAMER We make every effort to keep this page up to date, but discounts may change after publication.
These services are offered by third parties, not by the University of Essex, so any benefits and services featured on the website are taken up entirely at your own risk. We can’t accept any responsibility or liability in relation to the services, or offer any guarantees or warranties for:
- their quality
- whether they’re suitable for you
- the accuracy or reliability of the adverts